HISTORY OF FLIGHT AT SAND POINT
2021 BLDG 41 AVIATION OUTDOOR EXHIBIT
In 2021 Friends of Magnuson Park installed a series of murals that celebrate Sand Point’s rich aviation history.
The following guide is best experienced on site at Magnuson Park viewing the murals around Building 41.
MORE NAVAL AIR STATION SEATTLE HISTORY
FIRST FLIGHT AROUND THE WORLD
OTHER NAS SAND POINT HISTORY SITES
Note: The links in this section are outside of this site and are controlled by others.
If there is a problem with the information contained in any of these links, please contact that links webmaster.
- Footage of 1927 Charles Lindbergh Seattle visit, landing at Sand Point (Seattle Times Archive)
- Footage of Lindbergh’s visit to Sand Point
(310 MB MP4 download, viewing length – 9 minutes)
- Home movie circa 1955, with shots of NAS Sand Point
(47 seconds in YouTube)
- NAS Sand Point Images on Bing
(select “Play all results” for a slide show)
- Historical Sites at Sand Point
- Cmdr. Robert Lee Donley (Family site)
- LCDR. James S. Russell (pdf) (by Roger Olsen)
- Video about Sand Point’s history,
created by our friend Vern Bouwman – Enjoy!