About Friends of Magnuson Park
Nicolette Bromberg, Frank Cunningham, Larry G. Duckert, Ruth Fruland, Larry Gill, Frank Goodell,
Dianne Hofbeck, Brian Judd, Bob Lucas, Cynthia Mejia, Peggy Printz, Carl Sargent
Friends of Magnuson Park was formed to:
- Protect historic buildings and grounds of Sand Point NAS Historic District
- Oral History Project with video recording of memories
- Historic District Signage and Design Standards
- Tours and Education
- Encourage recognition and participation of veterans and their service including priority for on-site housing
- Inspiring Success for Park Residents and all Youth
The Friends of Magnuson Park was incorporated on August 20, 2002 and approved as a 501(c)3 on March 26, 2007.
Naval Air Station Seattle was listed on the Washington Heritage Register of Historic Places on November 5, 2009 and the National Register of Historic Places on July 2, 2010.
The City of Seattle Landmarks Preservation Board approved Sand Point Naval Air Station Landmark District as Seattle’s 8th historic district on
March 16th, 2011.